Friday 1 August 2014

ONE-TO-WATCH?


So, this is my first time blogging- other than three plus years on tumblr. As an avid Susie Bubbler and katelovesme reader i want to follow in the footsteps of the greats, and document my experiences in the crossover between fashion and art.

My name is Jamie (James) Hugo Sutherland, I am 17 and I live in the UK. To quote Lana Del Rey-

“I had a vision of making my life a work of art, and, I was looking for people who also felt that way” I guess thats a pretty good mantra, I think its worth seeing life as an art form- why not see life as a Wes Anderson film?

raf simons ss14

I dream of studying fashion and or fine art at Central St. Martins in London or Parsons in New York in late 2015-2016.


I chose the name: hommehugo, as primarily my aim is for this blog to be based around fashion, and as you may know 'homme' translates as 'man' in french, and is often the term used for menswear collections of major fashion labels. For example; Raf Simons homme ss14 - a favourite of mine (and hugo is my middle name). I believe high fashion menswear is a slow growing market due to restrictions in what is deemed as 'masculine', but with everyday traditions being challenged, this is all about to change, and i want to be in the forefront of this mayhem. My blog has no strict direction as of yet, so i hope you'll join me for the ride, with caution. 

No comments:

Post a Comment